Brought to you by CrossFit 42South and CrossFit Works.

Monday 13 June 2011

Welcome one and all!

CrossFit 42South and CrossFit Works would like to welcome you to the beginning of an amazing journey!  Over the next few weeks we will be sending out 'invitations' to anyone out there - CrossFitter or not - to become involved in an eating revolution that will hopefully start to change the way we and others view "health and fitness." 

There is so much information out there and our aim - with the help of you, is to consolidate all the "good stuff" and have it right here. 

We wish for this blog to be owned by you, for it to be moulded, shaped and grown by all of us and to be a catalyst for anyone who wants to make a difference to their lives now and into the future.

So hold on, stay tuned and get prepared for the time of your life.........

"Nature never overlooks a mistake or makes the smallest allowance for ignorance." (T.H Huxley)


Check this out for a groovy little starter!

3 comments:

  1. In response to a "great" question from Cam today at Crossfit Nutrition I have been inspired to try out a new recipe so I thought I would share.


    Paleo Pizza Base

    The Crust:

    Per person..
    1 Cup Almond Meal
    1 Whole Egg
    1 tsp olive oil
    1/2 tsp salt (I left this out)


    Beat the egg first, then add the other ingredients and mix together into
    a rather sticky dough.
    Place down baking paper on a tray and carefully
    spread out the dough on the baking paper.
    Try to get it as thin as possible, which isn’t necessarily all that thin.
    Bake at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes or until it starts to brown.

    I have just taken mine out of the oven and am very impressed. It is nice and firm and the corner that I ate tasted really good.
    I am actually thinking of just eating the rest without any topping kind of like a big biscuit :-)

    Thanks to http://cavegirlinthekitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there
    I'm definitely going to try that pizza base - thanks! Here is a fantastic muffin recipe. I used butter instead of coconut oil and treied a little variation from my favourite pre-paleo date cake. I melted the butter in a saucepan with the dates and bicarb until they were soft. Then I just added them to the bananas and eggs in the blender and proceeded as per the recipe. I swear these are as good as normal muffins if not better!
    Lisa

    http://www.paleoplan.com/2009/12-31/carrot-banana-muffins/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys,

    Sheree, I think thats the recipe i used first time round... i tried again and added a few other ingredients... i'll try and find the recipe again and post it.

    In response to my own question at CFWX nutrition session last friday, about sauces and condiments, I experimented with making a tomato salsa and a basil pesto today.

    The salsa was okay but needs a bit of tweaking but the pesto is pretty good so i've put the recipe i used below:

    2 cups of basil (one bunch from the supermarket)
    1/3 cup walnuts (you could use pine nuts instead)
    1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup olive oil
    salt and pepper to taste

    I just chucked it all in the food processor and pulsed away until it was all finely chopped

    I think i'll use the salsa with steak and the pesto with chicken that i'll cook up on the barbecue during the week...

    If anyone has any other good sauce ideas that will spice up steak/chicken and veggies it'd be great if they could share them!

    Cheers
    Tom

    ReplyDelete